On Wednesday 9th September, the annual, national NPEx User Group 2020 took place. Although it was the first ever digital User Group, the event saw a record for sign-ups with 50% more NPEx users registering compared to the NPEx User Group 2019.
The keynote speaker was David Wells, the Head of Pathology for the COVID-19 Testing Cell with NHS England and NHS Improvement. David gave a fascinating talk on the challenges faced by the NHS during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. NPEx users also heard from Dr. Bill Morice, President of the Mayo Clinic Laboratories Department and the Chair of the Mayo Clinic’s Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, who gave a US perspective and discussed some of the challenges faced by the US healthcare system.
In the second segment, attendees heard presentations on a range of exciting new projects, which promise to make a real difference to patient care and delivery across the UK healthcare landscape. The event closed with a series of talks from the X-Lab team on different elements of technical and operational service delivery during the COVID019 pandemic and what is next on the NPEx roadmap.
Thank you to all of the speakers for preparing an excellent programme of talks.
The challenge of remote working proved easy to overcome, and participants were able to use the chat function to ask questions of the speakers, and to network amongst themselves.
If you were unable to attend, or would like a recap, you can find a recording of the event on this page, as well as the agenda, presentation slides, a transcript of the chat and a transcript of the Q&A.
- Opening Remarks
- NPEx User Group 2020 Roundup
- Welcome to the 2020 NPEx User Group, Mandy Griffin & Mat Barrow
- Pathology in a time of COVID, David Wells
- Mayo Clinic Laboratories Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, Bill Morice
- New Projects Stream Agenda
- Helping Laboratories Scale for CoVid, Kira Pennington
- Pinpoint Animation, Giles Tully
- UK NEQAS Haematology and Transfusion and NPEx, Barbara De La Salle Richard Haggas
- NPEX – COVID Clearing House, Karl McIntyre
- Tech Strem Agenda
- Pillar 1 rollout, Penny hindle
- Pillar 2 and 3 Delivery, Andy Harris
- Tech Update, Tom Keble
- Q&A Transcript