A week has passed since our biggest NPEx User Group to date. Thank you to all those who attended and contributed to some stimulating discussions on the future of NPEx, the importance of IT solutions in healthcare, the challenges of establishing shared services and how NPEx itself can continue to reach new heights.
For a full account of the day, please see our NPEx Newsletter to be released later this month.
For more information, please see the links to the day’s presentations below or feel free to discuss the ideas raised at the User Group further on our User Forum.
- Keynote speaker John Rayner, Regional Director - Europe, Healthcare Advisory Services Group - HIMSS Analytics
- The 29 networks. How will IT serve an enabler? David Wells, Head of Pathology Services Consolidation, NHS Improvement
- A Distributed Service Model for Laboratories with NHSScotland. Dr. Bill Bartlett, Clinical Lead, National Laboratory Programme. National Services Scotland
- NPEx Update: Business, Technical, Security & Infrastructure Steve Box, Business Development Director & Keren Pearson, Software Developer, X-Lab. Keith Redmond, Programme Manager, The Health Informatics Service
- Enabling the delivery of Genomics with NPEx. Andy Harris, General Manager, X-Lab
- Digitising EQA schemes. A laboratory perspective. Adam Tonge, IT Coordinator, Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust
- A Laboratory Medicine Catalogue. Craig Webster, Consultant Clinical Scientist and Clinical Lead & Jo Duffy, Principal Clinical Scientist, University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
- Insight from a commercial laboratory service provider. Adrian Appleby, Senior Commercial and Strategic Project Manager, Eurofins Biomnis
- Enabling the Sharing of Pathology Results across the NHS. Andrew Sunley, Programme Manager, Information Representation Services, NHS Digital.
- Worksop 1: Open Forum - Creating ideas for & prioritising new feature delivery (interactive session) Hosted by Hayley Milsom, Business Analyst, X-Lab.
- Workshop 2: The economic case for investing in NPEx. Hosted by Nick Hex, Director, Yorkshire Health Economic Consortium.
- Workshop 3: New User Demo - Training and Walkthrough. Hosted by Miles Spencer, Deployment and Support Technician & Dom Heyhoe, Deployment and Support Technician, X-Lab.
- Workshop 4: Open Forum - Creating ideas for & prioritising new feature delivery (interactive session). Hosted by Hayley Milsom, Business Analyst, X-Lab
- Workshop 5: NPEx Strategic Plan - The next 3 years. Hosted by Steve Box, Business Development Director, X-Lab & Chris Dunne, Assistant Director of Informatics, The Health Informatics Service.
- Workshop 6: Demonstrating compliance of Informatics practice for UKAS/ISO accreditation. Hosted by Karim Premji, Pathology IT Manager, Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust.