NPEx Regional Roadshow in Scotland
On the 25th January 2018, NPEx hosted the first event of year in Edinburgh for our regional roadshow. We were joined by 11 Health Boards from across Scotland, with over 60 delegates from both current and prospective customers.
Chris Dunne, Assistant Director of Informatics at The Health Informatics Service, and Steve Box, Business Development Director at X-Lab, kicked off the day providing the background around NPEx and informing the delegates about the relationship between X-Lab and The Health Informatics Service.
Moving on, our keynote speaker Ian Godber, Lead Clinician for the Scottish Clinical Biochemistry Managed Diagnostic Network, focused on IT/connectivity issues and raised some interesting questions around the national roll out of tests across Scotland and a National LIMS. This was followed up by Matt Noel, IM&T Operational Manager at NHS Lothian, who provided a great insight into the implementation of NPEx and some of the different operational challenges faced.
Following a networking and refreshment break the delegates were shown a demonstration of NPEx, talking through the core functions of the system.
Finally, to end the day with some food for thought, Patrick Davy, Software Developer at X-Lab, provided a technical presentation about the NPEx roadmap and where we are heading in terms of future development work. This included outlining the technical challenges around microbiology.
We would like to thank everyone who attended the day and say a special thanks to Matt Noel and Ian Godber for presenting at the event and the SHSC Venue for all their help in organising the event.
- Welcome. Steve Box, Business Development Director, X-Lab
- Working together as a laboratory network in Scotland - why does IT constrain us? Dr Ian Godber, Lead Clinician, Scottish Clinical Biochemistry Managed Diagnostic Network.
- NPEx strategic context. Chris Dunne, Assistant Director of Informatics, The Health Informatics Service
- What is NPEx? Steve Box, X-Lab
- Modernisation of Laboratory Medicine at NHS Lothian: An NPEx adopter. Matt Noel, IM&T Operational Manager, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Nine Edinburgh Bioquarter
- Direct to consumer testing with Werlabs. Amaan Banwait, UK Country Manager, Werlabs
- NPEx service developments: new features and complex reporting. Patrick Davy, Software Developer, X-Lab