NPEx was pleased to host another regional roadshow event last week on Thursday 16th November in central Birmingham where representatives from 8 organisations, new and prospective customers, attended the day.
Chris Dunne, Assistant Director of Informatics at The Health Informatics Service, kicked off the day by setting the scene talking through the partnership that provides the NPEx service and discussed a high-level overview as to where NPEx fits in with the Carter Report, NHS Improvement and the Five Year Forward View.
Steve Box, Business Development Director at X-Lab continued the presentations with a detailed view of new additions to the NPEx service that customers can receive the benefits from. UK NEQAS EQA reporting, direct to consumer testing with Werlabs (which Caroline Throssel, Head of Business Development at Werlabs presented further details of later during the day), and private laboratories were a few of the headline points Steve discussed.
We then welcomed Noman Manzoor, Pathology Informatics and Epidemiology Manager and Joseph Murry, Senior Biomedical Scientist from Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust who presented their experience of implementing and rolling out NPEx. They discussed their current volumes/connections and it was made very clear that they’re making great progress with the implementation of NPEx across their trust as they’re soon to hit 3,000 monthly requests.
To end the session all delegates received a functional demonstration of how NPEx works followed by more refreshments, lunch and time to network with the other organisations that attended the event.
All the presentations from the day can be found below, and we would like to thank everyone for joining us for another successful roadshow.
- Setting the Strategic Context. Chris Dunne, Assistant Director of Informatics, The Health Informatics Service.
- What is NPEx? Steve Box, Business Development Director, X-Lab.
- Modernisation of Laboratory Medicine and City Assays. Noman Manzoor, Pathology Informatics and Epidemiology Manager, Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust.
- Direct to Consumer Testing with Werlabs. Caroline Throssel, Head of Business Development, Werlabs.
- NPEx Demonstration. Sam Bates, NPEx Deployment Project Manager, X-Lab.