On Tuesday 14th July over 70 delegates, from over 40 laboratories attended the NPEx User Group at the National Motorcycle Museum, Birmingham.
The day was opened by Managing Director of X-Lab, Owen Johnson. There were two keynote presentations that were very well received by NPEx users including:
- Kat Randle, Senior Project Manager from HSCIC presenting plans for the new Data Diagnostics Service.
- Gordon Mellor, Head of Portfolio from NHS Blood and Transplant service presenting outcomes of the pilot to use NPEx for referrals to NHS Blood & Transplant Service.
Presentations were accompanied by workshops on the agenda for the day. Workshops included demonstrations of new NPEx functionality and technical discussion about the most effective solution for electronic transmission of Microbiology requests and reports. The workshops consisted of very constructive debate with current and prospective NPEx users that will be utilised for NPEx service enhancements.
Chris Dunne, Assistant Director of Informatics at the Health Informatics Service, a highly accredited NHS organisation hosted by Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust which provides the NPEx service, said: “The 2015 User Group was a real success for both The Health Informatics Service (THIS) and XLab. It was great to see so many of our customers at the event networking, sharing best practice and discussing how the NPEx solution can help bring about efficiencies within Pathology IT. The NPEx team at THIS and XLab should be proud of the way in which the solution has developed over the last few years and the number of new users is testament to the hard-work and commitment shown by all involved. I’m sure next year’s User Group will be bigger and better".
The day was closed with prizes for the best ideas. After receiving a large amount of positive feedback and suggestions, we would like to thank all who attended for supporting NPEx and its future development.
Please see the links below for the presentations given on the day.
The NPEx team look forward to seeing you next year!
- Introduction - Owen Johnson, Director at X-Lab.
- Business Development Update - Steve Box, Business Development Manager, X-Lab.
- NPEx New Features and Enhanced Architecture - Ash Sykes, Senior Developer, X-Lab and Scott Jones, Developer, X-Lab.
- NPEx for Referrals to NHS Blood & Transplant Service - Gordon Mellor, Head of Portfolio-DTS, NHS Blood & Transplant Service.
- NPEx - Enabling New Models of Business in Pathology Services - Owen Johnson, Director at X-Lab.
- Diagnostics Data Service - Katrina Randle, Health & Social Care Information Centre.