On Thursday 14th July 2016 the annual NPEx User Group took place at the National Motorcycle Museum in Birmingham where over 80 delegates from over 50 laboratories attended.
Owen Johnson, Director of X-Lab, opened the day with introductions and an NPEx retrospective on the first 10 years. Following this a few keynote presentations took place which were all very well received:
- Steve Box, Business Development Manager from X-Lab and Patrick Davy, Software Developer from X-Lab, presenting NPEx Updates
- Laura Sato, Head of Diagnostics Data Service, presenting Digital Diagnostics and Pathology Information Standards
- Frank Finlay, Consultant Clinical Scientist from NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde, presenting Networks Enabled through Lab2Lab in Scotland
- Karim Premji, Pathology IT Manager from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, presenting Downs & Trisomy Requests using NPEx
- Will Stoddart, CEO of Werlabs, presenting Direct to Consumer Testing Services through NPEx
Our Guest of Honour Jeff Seneviratne, the former Clinical Lead and IM&T Chairman of the Greater Manchester Pathology Network (GMPN), made a speech about the decision by GMPN to adopt the X-Lab lab to lab solution which later became NPEx. As recognition for his contributions and work in leading the project that enabled the establishment of NPEx, Owen Johnson presented him with a bottle of Champagne.
Accompanying the presentations, a few workshops were also on the agenda, these included:
- A Vendor Neutral Approach to Complex Result Reporting for Microbiology, Histology and CellPath
- New User Demo, providing a walkthrough and training for new and existing users
- NPEx Benefits Toolkit
After a successful event, the day was closed with a raffle draw and prizes. We received a large amount of positive feedback and suggestions for the future development of NPEx, and we would like to thank everyone who attended the user group and for all of the support received.
Please refer to the links below for the presentations that were delivered on the day.
The NPEx team all look forward to seeing you again next year!
- NPEx is 10 - Owen Johnson, Director at X-Lab
- NPEx Updates - Steve Box, Business Development Manager from X-Lab and Patrick Davy, Software Developer from X-Lab
- Digital Diagnostics and Pathology Information Standards - Laura Sato, Head of Diagnostics Data Service
- Networks Enabled through Lab2Lab in Scotland - Frank Finlay, Consultant Clinical Scientist from NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
- Downs & Trisomy Requests using NPEx - Karim Premji, Pathology IT Manager from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Complex Result Reporting - Andy Harris, General Manager at X-Lab